Automatic Transfer Switch Options What's This?
An automatic transfer switch (aka ATS) is a required component in your automatic backup power system. Click to see full description.
Battery: Group 51, 6VSG, 8/10/12RESV(L), 14/20 kW Starting at $95.00 MSRP*
Power your generator engine with a reliable 12-volt battery. Generators ship without batteries to ensure that the freshest possible battery is installed at the jobsite.
Our generators for backup power provide reliability and performance. When you lose power during an outage or storm, a hard-working 8 kW KOHLER® generator keeps your appliances working, the heat or AC running and your security system on.* OnCue® Plus Generator Management System is standard with every RESV or RESVL generator.
High Quality Power.Kohler generators provide advanced voltage and frequency regulation along with ultra-low levels of harmonic distortion for excellent generator power quality to protect your valuable electronics.
Powerful.The Kohler 8 kW generator can easily start and run a 4 ton air conditioner with up to 5 kW preload.*
Reliable.Kohler is known for extraordinary reliability and performance and backs that up with a 5-year or 2000 hour limited warranty.
EnclosureBold new Kohler design in steel, dipped in e-coat for extra corrosion protection and painted with a durable powder coat finish.
Remote MonitoringEvery 8RESVL comes standard with OnCue® Plus, our remote monitoring system, which gives you peace of mind at home no matter where you are in the world.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- PowerBoost™ technology provides power to start large loads such as central air conditioners without dropping power to other appliances
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity: 8RESVL at 16.8kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics
- Powered by reliable KOHLER SV620 engine with efficient OHV design. operation speed is 3600 rpm (the standard for air-cooled generators)
- Compatible with Programmable Interface Module (PIM)
- Also compatible with Load Control Module (LCM) with single-phase generators only
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- Comes with an RXT 100-amp indoor-rated automatic transfer switch with 12-space load center.
- DC2 controller designed for today's sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Accepts natural gas fuel pressure as low as 3.5 inches
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- Meets 181 mph wind rating
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
*Based on generator and load size.
Rated kW LP 8 kW Rated kW NG 7.0 kW Amps LP 33.3 amps Amps NG 29.2 amps Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V 16.8 kVa Alternator Note All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available. Displacement 597 cm3 (36.4 cu. in.) Horsepower NG 11.4 HP, LP 14.8 HP Enclosure Material Steel Sound Output During Weekly Exercise 66 dB(A) Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 72 dB(A) Response Time 10 seconds Warranty Premium five-year limited warranty Country of Origin US Certifications/Listings UL 2200|EPA Automatic Transfer Switch Included Yes Remote Monitoring Available Included Off Grid / Utility Backup Utility Backup Weight 398 lbs. Alternator Type 2-Pole, Rotating Field Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 64 cfh Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 51 cfh Controller DC2 Digital Controller Cylinder Arrangement Single Cylinder Dimensions 712mm x 777mm x 824mm (28 in. x 30 in. x 32.4 in.) Engine Manufacturer/Description KOHLER Engine Model SV620 Engine/Alternator RPM 3600 Fuel Type LPG|Natural Gas Frequency 60 Hz Phase Single Phase Voltage @ 60 Hz 120/240 Digital Voltage Regulation ±1.0% Built in Mounting Pad Yes