Our generators for backup power provide reliability and performance. When you lose power during an outage or storm, a hard-working 8 kW KOHLER® generator keeps your appliances working, the heat or AC running and your security system on.* OnCue® Plus Generator Management System is standard with every RESV or RESVL generator.
High Quality Power.Kohler generators provide advanced voltage and frequency regulation along with ultra-low levels of harmonic distortion for excellent generator power quality to protect your valuable electronics.
Powerful.The Kohler 8 kW generator can easily start and run a 4 ton air conditioner with up to 5 kW preload.*
Reliable.Kohler is known for extraordinary reliability and performance and backs that up with a 5-year or 2000 hour limited warranty.
EnclosureBold new Kohler design in steel, dipped in e-coat for extra corrosion protection and painted with a durable powder coat finish.
Remote MonitoringEvery 8RESVL comes standard with OnCue® Plus, our remote monitoring system, which gives you peace of mind at home no matter where you are in the world.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- PowerBoost™ technology provides power to start large loads such as central air conditioners without dropping power to other appliances
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity: 8RESVL at 16.8kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics
- Powered by reliable KOHLER SV620 engine with efficient OHV design. operation speed is 3600 rpm (the standard for air-cooled generators)
- Compatible with Programmable Interface Module (PIM)
- Also compatible with Load Control Module (LCM) with single-phase generators only
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- DC2 controller designed for today's sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Accepts natural gas fuel pressure as low as 3.5 inches
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- Meets 181 mph wind rating
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
*Based on generator and load size.
Rated kW LP 8 kW Rated kW NG 7.0 kW Amps LP 33.3 amps Amps NG 29.2 amps Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V 16.8 kVa Alternator Note All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available. Displacement 597 cm3 (36.4 cu. in.) Horsepower NG 11.4 HP, LP 14.8 HP Enclosure Material Steel Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 72 dB(A) Response Time 10 seconds Warranty Premium five-year limited warranty Country of Origin US Certifications/Listings UL 2200|EPA Automatic Transfer Switch Included Yes Remote Monitoring Available Included Off Grid / Utility Backup Utility Backup Weight 431 lbs. Alternator Type 2-Pole, Rotating Field Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 64 cfh Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 51 cfh Controller DC2 Digital Controller Cylinder Arrangement Single Cylinder Dimensions 712mm x 777mm x 824mm (28 in. x 30 in. x 32.4 in.) Engine Manufacturer/Description KOHLER Engine Model SV620 Engine/Alternator RPM 3600 Fuel Type LPG|Natural Gas Frequency 60 Hz Phase Single Phase Voltage @ 60 Hz 120/240 Digital Voltage Regulation ±1.0%