Affordable, commercial-grade power for basic power needs. When a bad storm or utility failure knocks out your power, the 8.5RES KOHLER® generator keeps your lights on, fridge cold and sump pump working. This generator will power most appliances in smaller homes, or a few critical items in larger homes.*
Reliable.Inside this generator is a commercial-grade engine built to withstand extreme workloads year after year.
Powerful.In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power to your heat or AC as well as appliances and electronics.*
Premium warranty.We’ve got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection and a steel enclosure that’s built to last.
Smart.You get steady, high-quality power that protects your electronics from damage related to low-quality power sources.
Money saver.No pricey concrete pad needed. Your contractor – and your wallet – will appreciate the built-in mounting pad and easy-to-connect terminal block.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- PowerBoost™ technology provides the power to start large loads without dropping power to other appliances
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity: 23kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics
- Powered by reliable KOHLER Command PRO® engine, designed and tested for tough commercial applications; with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed is 3600 rpm (the standard for air-cooled generators)
- Compatible with optional OnCue® Generator Management System
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- ADC-RES Advanced Digital Control designed for today’s sophisticated electronics
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- Steel enclosure with automotive-grade paint for advanced corrosion protection
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Streamlined installation, including built-in base that eliminates need for concrete mounting pad and simple terminal block for easy field connections
*Based on generator and load size.
Rated kW LP 8.5 kW Rated kW NG 7.0 kW Amps LP 35 amps Amps NG 29 amps Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V 23 kVa Alternator Note All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available. Displacement 0.624 L (38 cu. in.) Horsepower NG 13.4 HP, LP 15.4 HP Enclosure Material Steel Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 65 dB(A) Response Time 10 seconds Warranty Premium five-year limited warranty Country of Origin US Certifications/Listings EPA|CSA|CARB Automatic Transfer Switch Included No Remote Monitoring Available Yes Off Grid Warranty 18-month/1000-hour for off-grid applications Off Grid / Utility Backup Utility Backup|Off Grid Weight 430 lbs. Alternator Type 2-Pole, Rotating Field Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 36 cfh Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 31 cfh Controller Advanced Digital Control Cylinder Arrangement V-2 Dimensions 1123mm x 726mm x 804mm (44.2 in. x 28.6 in. x 31.6 in.) Engine Manufacturer/Description KOHLER Engine Model CH640 Engine/Alternator RPM 3600 Fuel Type Natural Gas|LPG Frequency 60 Hz|50 Hz Phase Single Phase Voltage @ 60 Hz 120/240 Digital Voltage Regulation ±1.5% Built In Mounting Pad Yes