Reliable power for large residential or small business needs. When the power goes out during a bad storm or power failure, your 24 kW KOHLER® generator with industrial-grade engine keeps your home or business – from central air to sump pump to personal computers – up and running.*
Powerful.In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power and keeps you connected to the things you love to do.
Smart.You get steady, high-quality power that protects your electronics from damage related to low-quality power sources.
Premium warranty.We've got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection, and an aluminum enclosure that's built to last.
Quiet.Neighborhood-friendly, with weekly exercise volume that's similar to a normal conversation.
Innovative.This generator's patent-pending innovations include a three-fan, automotive-style cooling system that keeps the sound level down.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- Powerful operation on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG); the 24RCL provides 100 amps on LPG and 87 amps on natural gas.
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity, with 24RCL at 37kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with extremely low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics and appliances
- Powered by Kohler KG2204 industrial-grade engine with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed 1800 rpm
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- RDC2 controller designed for today's sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Extremely quiet operation with sound at 61 dBA at full speed and 54 dBA at exercise (normal conversation level)
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum enclosure is standard
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Compatible with optional OnCue® Plus and OnCue® Plus Wireless Generator Management Systems, Programmable Interface Module (PIM) and Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit (LCM or Load Shed Kit compatible with single phase generators only).
*Based on generator and load size.
Rated kW LP 23 kW Rated kW NG 21 kW Amps LP 100 amps Amps NG 87 amps Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V 59 kVa Alternator Note All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available. Displacement 2.2 L (134.25 cu. in.) Horsepower NG 36 HP, LP 40 HP Enclosure Material Aluminum Sound Output During Weekly Exercise 54 dB(A) Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 61 dB(A) Response Time 10 seconds Warranty Premium five-year limited warranty Country of Origin US Certifications/Listings EPA|CSA|UL 2200 Automatic Transfer Switch Included No Remote Monitoring Available Yes Off Grid / Utility Backup Utility Backup Weight 1260 lbs. Alternator Type 4-Pole, Rotating Field Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 199 cfh Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 84 cfh Controller RDC2 Controller Cylinder Arrangement Inline-4 cylinder Dimensions 1880 mm x 836 mm x 1169 mm (74 in. x 32.9 in. x 46.0 in.) Engine Manufacturer/Description KOHLER Engine Model KG2204, 2.2L, 4-Cycle Engine/Alternator RPM 1800 Fuel Type LPG|Natural Gas Frequency 50 Hz|60 Hz Phase Single Phase or Three Phase Voltage @ 60 Hz 120/240 Digital Voltage Regulation ±1.0% Built in Mounting Pad No