Reliable power for large residential or small business needs. When the power goes out during a bad storm or power failure, your 48 kW KOHLER® generator with industrial-grade engine keeps your home or business – from central air to sump pump to personal computers – up and running.*
Powerful.In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power and keeps you connected to the things you love to do.
Smart.You get steady, high-quality power that protects your electronics from damage related to low-quality power sources.
Premium warranty.We’ve got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection, and an aluminum enclosure that’s built to last.
Quiet.Neighborhood-friendly, with weekly exercise volume that’s similar to a normal conversation.
Innovative.This generator’s patent-pending innovations include a three-fan, automotive-style cooling system that keeps the sound level down.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- Powerful operation on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG); the 48RCLA provides 200 amps on LPG and natural gas
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity, with 48RCLA at 113 kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with extremely low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics and appliances
- Powered by General Motors industrial-grade engine with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed 1800 rpm
- Compatible with optional OnCue® Plus and OnCue® Plus Wireless Generator Management Systems, and Programmable Interface Module (PIM)
- Also compatible with Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit with single-phase generators only
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- RDC2 controller designed for today's sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Extremely quiet operation with sound at 61dBA at full speed and 58 dBA at exercise (normal conversation level)
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum enclosure is standard
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Streamlined installation, including simple terminal block for easy field connections
*Based on generator and load size. **PRM or Load Shed Kit compatible with single phase generators only.
Rated kW LP 48 kW Rated kW NG 48 kW Amps LP 200 amps Amps NG 200 amps Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V 113 kVa Alternator Note All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available. Displacement 5.7 L (350 cu. in.) Horsepower 105 HP Enclosure Material Aluminum Sound Output During Weekly Exercise 60 dB(A) Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 61 dB(A) Response Time 10 seconds Warranty Premium five-year limited warranty Country of Origin US Certifications/Listings EPA|UL 2200|CSA Automatic Transfer Switch Included No Remote Monitoring Available Yes Off Grid / Utility Backup Utility Backup Weight 1830 lbs. (830 kg) Alternator Type 4-Pole, Rotating Field Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 541 cfh Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 165 cfh Controller RDC2 Controller Cylinder Arrangement V-8 Dimensions 2280 mm x 836 mm x 1182 mm (89.8 in. x 32.9 in. x 46.5 in.) Engine Manufacturer/Description General Motors Engine Model Industrial Powertrain Vortec 5.7L, 4-Cycle, Natural Aspiration Engine/Alternator RPM 1800 Fuel Type Natural Gas|LPG Frequency 50 Hz|60 Hz Phase Single Phase or Three Phase Voltage @ 60 Hz 120/240 Digital Voltage Regulation ±1.0% Built in Mounting Pad No