Reliable power for large residential or small business needs. When the power goes out during a bad storm or power failure, your 48 kW KOHLER® generator with industrial-grade engine keeps your home or business – from central air to sump pump to personal computers – up and running.*
Powerful.In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power and keeps you connected to the things you love to do.
Smart.You get steady, high-quality power that protects your electronics from damage related to low-quality power sources.
Premium warranty.We’ve got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection, and an aluminum enclosure that’s built to last.
Quiet.Neighborhood-friendly, with weekly exercise volume that’s similar to a normal conversation.
Innovative.This generator’s patent-pending innovations include a three-fan, automotive-style cooling system that keeps the sound level down.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- Powerful operation on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG); the 38RCL provides 158 amps on natural gas or LPG, while the 48RCL provides 200 amps on natural gas or LPG
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity, with 38RCL at 95kVA at 240V and 48RCL at 113kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with extremely low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics and appliances
- Powered by General Motors Vortec automotive-grade engine with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed 1800 rpm
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- RDC2 controller designed for today's sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Extremely quiet operation with sound at 61dBA at full speed and 58 dBA at exercise (normal conversation level)
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum enclosure is standard
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Streamlined installation, including built-in base that eliminates need for concrete mounting pad and simple terminal block for easy field connections
- Compatible with optional OnCue® Generator Management System 3.1 or higher and Programmable Interface Monitor
*Based on generator and load size.
Rated kW LP 48 kW Rated kW NG 48 kW Amps LP 200 amps Amps NG 200 amps Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V 113 kVa Alternator Note All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available. Displacement 5.0 L (305 cu. in.) Horsepower 89 HP Enclosure Material Aluminum Sound Output During Weekly Exercise 58 dB(A) Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 61 dB(A) Response Time 10 seconds Warranty Premium five-year limited warranty Country of Origin US Certifications/Listings EPA|CSA Automatic Transfer Switch Included No Remote Monitoring Available Yes Off Grid / Utility Backup Utility Backup Weight 1900 lbs. Alternator Type Brushless, Rare-Earth, Permanent-Magnet Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 175 cfh Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 175 cfh Controller RDC2 Controller Cylinder Arrangement V-8 Dimensions 2286mm x 851mm x 1146mm (90 in. x 33.5 in. x 45.1 in.) Engine Manufacturer/Description General Motors Engine Model Industrial Powertrain Vortec 5.0L Engine/Alternator RPM 1800 Fuel Type Natural Gas|LP Frequency 60 Hz|50 Hz Phase Single Phase or 3 Phase Voltage @ 60 Hz 120/240 Digital Voltage Regulation ±1.0%
For for more real stories, please head over to the Real Stories page.