Automatic Transfer Switch Options What's This?
An automatic transfer switch (aka ATS) is a required component in your automatic backup power system. Click to see full description.
Battery, 1/12V, Wet Starting at $138.00 MSRP*
Power your generator engine with a reliable 12-volt battery. Generators ship without batteries to ensure that the freshest possible battery is installed at the jobsite.
Reliable power for large residential or small business needs. When the power goes out during a bad storm or power failure, your 38 kW KOHLER® generator with industrial-grade engine keeps your home or business – from central air to sump pump to personal computers – up and running.*
Powerful.In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power and keeps you connected to the things you love to do.
Smart.You get steady, high-quality power that protects your electronics from damage related to low-quality power sources.
Premium warranty.We've got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection, and an aluminum enclosure that's built to last.
Quiet.Neighborhood-friendly, with weekly exercise volume that's similar to a normal conversation.
Innovative.This generator's patent-pending innovations include a three-fan, automotive-style cooling system that keeps the sound level down.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- Powerful operation on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG); the 38RCLB provides 158 amps on LPG and natural gas
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity, with 38RCLB at 74kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with extremely low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics and appliances
- Powered by Kohler KG2204T industrial-grade engine with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed 1800 rpm
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- RDC2 controller designed for today's sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Extremely quiet operation with sound at 62 dBA at full speed and 54 dBA at exercise (normal conversation level)
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum enclosure is standard
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Streamlined installation, including simple terminal block for easy field connections
- Compatible with optional OnCue® Plus and OnCue® Plus Wireless Generator Management Systems, Programmable Interface Module (PIM) and Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit (LCM or Load Shed Kit compatible with single phase generators only).
*Based on generator and load size.
Rated kW LP 38 kW Rated kW NG 38 kW Amps LP 158 amps Amps NG 158 amps Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V 74 kVa Alternator Note All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available. Displacement 2.2 L (134 cu. in.) Horsepower 75 HP Enclosure Material Aluminum Sound Output During Weekly Exercise 54 dB(A) Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 62 dB(A) Response Time 10 seconds Warranty Premium five-year limited warranty Country of Origin US Certifications/Listings UL 2200|CSA|EPA Automatic Transfer Switch Included No Remote Monitoring Available Yes Off Grid / Utility Backup Utility Backup Weight 1370 lbs. Alternator Type 4-Pole, Rotating Field Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 327 cfh Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 114 cfh Controller RDC2 Controller Cylinder Arrangement Inline-4 cylinder Dimensions 1880mm x 836mm x 1146mm (74 in. x 32.9 in. x 45.1 in.) Engine Manufacturer/Description KOHLER Engine Model KG2204T, 2.2 L, 4-Cycle Engine/Alternator RPM 1800 Fuel Type Natural Gas|LPG Frequency 60 Hz|50 Hz Phase Single Phase or Three Phase Voltage @ 60 Hz 120/240 Digital Voltage Regulation ±1.0% Built in Mounting Pad No