Automatic Transfer Switch Options What's This?
An automatic transfer switch (aka ATS) is a required component in your automatic backup power system. Click to see full description.
Battery: Group 51, 6VSG, 14/20 kW Starting at $95.00 MSRP*
Power your generator engine with a reliable 12-volt battery. Generators ship without batteries to ensure that the freshest possible battery is installed at the jobsite.
Popular generators for backup power, with an automatic transfer switch included. When you lose power during an outage or storm, a hard-working 14 kW KOHLER® generator keeps your appliances working, the heat or AC running and your security system on.*
Reliable.Every KOHLER® generator is equipped with a heavy-duty, commercial-grade engine that stands up to extreme weather.
Powerful.In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power to a 5-ton (60,000 BTU) air condition, major appliances and electronics.*
Premium warranty.We've got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection, and a corrosion-proof enclosure that's built to last.
Award winner.KOHLER generators have received several awards, including the Most Valuable Product (MVP) Award 2010 by Building Products magazine.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- PowerBoost™ technology provides power to start large loads such as central air conditioners without dropping power to other appliances
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity: 14RESAL at 35kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics
- Powered by reliable KOHLER Command PRO® engine, designed and tested for tough commercial applications; with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed is 3600 rpm (the standard for air-cooled generators)
- Compatible with optional OnCue® Plus and OnCue® Plus Wireless Generator Management Systems, and Programmable Interface Module (PIM)
- Also compatible with Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit with single-phase generators only
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- Comes with either an RXT 100-amp indoor-rated automatic transfer switch with 16-circuit load center or an RXT 200-amp outdoor-rated standard automatic transfer switch
- DC2 controller designed for today's sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- Stylish corrosion-proof enclosure impact tested to -30°F
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Streamlined installation, simple terminal block for easy field connections. Kohler also offers concrete mounting pads to lower installation costs and time.
- Model 14RESAL approved for off-grid applications with 18-month/1000-hour off-grid warranty
*Based on generator and load size.
Rated kW LP 14 kW Rated kW NG 12 kW Amps LP 58 amps Amps NG 50 amps Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V 33 kVa Alternator Note All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available. Displacement 725 cm3 (44 cu. in.) Horsepower NG 20.5 HP, LP 23.6 HP Enclosure Material Composite Sound Output During Weekly Exercise 63 dB(A) Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 67 dB(A) Response Time 10 seconds Warranty Premium five-year limited warranty Country of Origin US Certifications/Listings EPA|UL 2200|cUL Automatic Transfer Switch Included Yes Remote Monitoring Available Yes Off Grid Warranty 18-month/1000-hour for off-grid applications Off Grid / Utility Backup Off Grid|Utility Backup Weight 467 lbs. Alternator Type 2-Pole, Rotating Field Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 124 cfh Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 60 cfh Controller DC2 Digital Controller Cylinder Arrangement V-2 Dimensions 1216mm x 655mm x 733mm (48 in. x 26.2 in. x 29 in.) Engine Manufacturer/Description KOHLER Engine Model CH740 Engine/Alternator RPM 3600 Fuel Type Natural Gas|LPG Frequency 50 Hz|60 Hz Phase Single Phase Voltage @ 60 Hz 120/240 Digital Voltage Regulation ±1.0% Built in Mounting Pad Yes